Thursday, November 17, 2011

A New Blog/Beginning/Life

Creating a new blog is easier said than done. If anything, I can say that doing so is good computer/graphic arts practice. My youngest keeps hinting that I should take a computer class sometime soon. He just warned me that he does not want me calling him saying, "I don't know how to turn on the computer, can you help?" next year when he is in college. Of course, he is exaggerating. I can at least turn on the computer but I don't think I'll ever be a computer wiz or feel really confident.

I would like the bridge photos to appear larger than they currently do but my son informed me that sometimes one is simply limited by the website format. So this will have to do for now. I went through all the layout design formats but can't enlarge them. I feel a bit disappointed about this blog setup. It would be nice to have everything look all spit and polished. But maybe it is better that there is still tweaking to do. It is symbolic of starting anew to have there be some glitches in the system. To have to work out the details as one goes along and becomes more experienced.

After a number of years of blogging about middle-aged widowhood I am finding the need to focus less on widowhood and more on the future. Hence, the desire for a totally new blog. We'll start it out little by little and see how it goes. It is hard to just end something. Easier to phase out and phase into...

But one has to start somewhere. And so here I am. Ready to focus more upon my life in transition and where I am headed. Ready to reflect on more issues besides widowhood. Ready to cross the bridge into the future with strength and hope!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the new blog. I empathise with the idea of a bridge to a new life!
    Re the photos - can't you grow them in the edit page? There should be something that pops up when you hover over the pictures, giving you the option to resize them and resite them...I think!

    ReplyDelete